Oh I do love a good cocktail, not only drinking them but I love experimenting with new flavours, sprits and fruits. With Christmas fast approaching, I am sharing the recipes below to three of my absolute favourites!
Before you get going though, make sure make sure you have everything you need, including the right glasses and a cocktail shaker! I love this gold cocktail making kit from Amazon (one for your Christmas List!)
Espresso Martini – Serves 2
My hubby and I have spent quite some time trying to master this one but I think we finally have it down to a tee. The espresso martini will delight your guests and keep you going throughout the party!
100ml of good quality vodka. I like Absolute vodka.
50ml of coffee liqueur, (I use kahlua).
50ml of espresso coffee (cold obvs!)
Coffee Beans to finish
- First of all, you need to choose the perfect glass – See this link for the martini glasses I have from Amazon for just £5.50 for two.
- Fill your glass with ice to chill it whilst you are making the cocktail.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the vodka, kahlua and coffee.
- Shake like your life depends on it, as the ice gets crushed and cools the drink down, it will help to create that lovely velvety top.
- Empty the ice out of the glass and pour your coktail through a strainer straight into your glass.
- Garnish with a lovely coffee bean or two!
- Enjoy it!
Rose and Blueberry Prosecco – Serves 2
I came about this totally by accident but its divine and will impress your friends Im sure!
50ml Blueberry Vodka
1 tbs sugar syrup
Edible Rose Petals
- Fill your glass with ice to chill.
- Crush a handful of blueberries in your cocktail shaker.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar syrup
- Add 50ml of vodka (I use Smirnoff)
- Fill your shaker with ice and shake
- Using your strainer, pour the cocktail straight into your chilled glass and top with prosecco.
- Garnish with edible rose petals.
Cranberry Gin Cocktail
Everyone who knows me, knows that Im a bit of a gin fan…so I had to include this cocktail in my top three! This one is the perfect festive tipple and it looks fabulous finished with fresh cranberries1
50ml of gin (I love Liverpool Gin!)
150ml of cranberry juice
A good squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Splash of lemonade
This one is really easy and you can pour straight into a glass if you’d prefer.
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Add the gin and lemon juice.
- Top with cranberry juice and a splash of lemonade.
- Garnish with some fresh mint and cranberries.
I hope you enjoy these recipes to my top 3 Christmas Cocktails, do let me know if you try any of them out this Christmas!